Search This Blog

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Extras: Smart Bike DC

I'm on my morning drive to AU, and I see an ad for something I've already seen on an increasing number of sidewalks around the city, Smartbike DC.

Until I get a bike, I'm certainly looking to move to a place where I can ditch the care and use another set of wheels, if not peddle powered, than at least public.

It bills itself as "America's first full-service public bike rental program of its kind" and is a service that is provided by an interesting partnership (but not surprising), Clear Channel Outdoor (didn't even know they had an outdoor component) and the District Department of Transportation.

It'll be interesting, in general, to see how DC adapts its roads to more bike lanes, revamped bus lanes, and a streetcar system in the upcoming future.

No comments:

Post a Comment