Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

Events: The Helen Hayes Awards


So this is the first time in the past four years that I have not attended the Helen Hayes Awards ceremony & celebration.

Last year I attended because the Synetic Theater's production of Carmen received a nomination for Outstanding ensemble. As a nominee, you get tickets :-)

In case you don't know, the Helen Hayes Awards are the DMV area's equivalent of the Tony's.

It was named after an actress who was also a native Washingtonian, Helen Hayes.

This year I didn't have the time or the money...but isn't that what it usually comes to??

*sigh*

next year...

*interesting note: although the actress Helen Hayes passed away, there is a dancer named Helen Hayes in the area (who also went to my alma mater (UMD) as a dance major). The name often causes confusion (at least for me), when my dance and theatre worlds collide...

No comments:

Post a Comment