Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Encounters: Jason D., Helanius W., Alvin M., Melissa L., & Dana T.

So I'm actually a little conflicted about this entry. I was (and still am) debating about people I run into at performing arts events. Part of the reason is because it is such a small community, that blogging about encounters at a show doesn't seem to be as happenstance as just running into people out on the street.

But I guess I'll just try it out for now and see how it goes.

Tonight was definitely a who's who of the people in my dance world, teachers and choreographers I've had the pleasure of working with in some fashion or another.

Jason D., I actually almost performed with for one of the Dance is the Answer flash mobs. By the way, Dance is the Answer is still going on until May 2nd.

Helanius W., several years ago, I was actually a sound board operator for a performance his company, Edgeworks Dance Theater, had out in Rockville, MD, at the American Dance Institute.

Alvin M., was one of my professors in the program at UMD.

Melissa L., I actually teach with at NCS. She's also one of the company members for Dakshina.

And Dana B., I worked with several years ago when he choreographed movement for a show at Adventure Theatre. He has his own company in the area and is also the head of GWU's department of Theatre & Dance.


No comments:

Post a Comment