Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

Encounters: Aysha U. & Meredith R.

Today NCS hosted the annual WAISDEA Festival. In case you don't know (and it actually took me a year or two until I remembered it right), that stands for Washington Area Independent School Dance Education Association.

It's a day of dance master classes and choreography workshops. There were a bunch of faces that were familiar, and I expected to see, one of which was Aysha U. teaching a master class. She's an awesome dancer in the area who teaches and has her own company.

I didn't expect to see Meredith R., who was actually with one of the member schools, Sandy Spring Friends School, participating in the day's events.

I don't think I've seen her since she was in a piece I choreographed at MC, the first piece I actually choreographed professionally within a year of graduating from UMD. It's still one of my favorites, and it was to Rusted Root's "Send Me On My Way".

Anyway, it was cool seeing her there. Small world, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment