Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

Encounters: Dean B. and Joey S.

Parking around Dupont Circle/Adams Morgan just isn't easy normally (much less on a Friday night), but I lucked out and had barely driven around the block more than a couple of times before finding parking on 17th St.

It's a couple of blocks from Sam's place and as I'm walking north on 17th and see a gaggle of guys walking east on, what was it...must've been R St.

The first I see is Dean, who I met singing with GMCW a couple of years ago. I asked him what he was up to, if he was still singing/dancing with 'em, and he'll be in the upcoming GMCW Pride concert in June, DIVAS.

As the rest of the group catches up, I see another performer friend (one I have yet to have the pleasure of sharing the stage with). This one isn't part of the theatre scene which previous encounters have belonged to. Joey Salinas is actually a singer/dancer primarily. As busy as I get, I run into and catch up with Joey and he makes me feel like I'm not trying hard enough, sometimes. I do say that mostly tongue in cheek, but it's admirable to see what he's done and exciting to see where he's going :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment