Search This Blog

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Explorations: Hains Point

So, Hains Point (as I mentioned in my most recent encounter) is in my neck of the woods of DC...that being SW.

It's actually where my mom took me to learn how to drive (her minivan).

And they used to have a really neat statue at the southern tip called The Awakening. It was actually 5 pieces which (assembled in the right relation to each other) made it look as if a giant were caught in the earth.

It was interesting because some people (without knowing the title) imagined he had fallen from the skies. Others, that he was rising from the ground.

This statue was here for 27 years (almost as long as I've been alive), and was relocated to the National Harbor as of a couple of years ago. This had been the first time I'd been to that area of the island since it was removed. I didn't even bother to go to the tip this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment