Search This Blog

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Establishments: Solas Nua

This is awful...last semester, as part of a "Fundamentals of Fundraising for Arts Organizations" class assignment, we had to do what amounted to a case study on a local organization.

The one my partner and I focused on was Solas Nua, "the only organization in the United States dedicated exclusively to contemporary Irish arts", and based in DC.

To do part of the research regarding our case for support, Linda Murray, the organization's Artistic Director, was kind enough to lend us their by laws and minutes.

Here's where the awful part comes in...this was back in the fall, and I was just getting it back to her. I mean, there had be no pressing need or else I certainly would've expedited its return, but at the same time, there was no good reason not to do so when the Fall semester ended.

Anyway, I actually had the pleasure of meeting Linda during last summer's Capital Fringe Festival. I guess I made a good impression and seemed trustworthy.

And, again, just another great case of the diverse and thriving arts scene we have in DC. Solas Nua, while known for their theatre productions, also has an annual book drive, a film festival, monthly screenings, regular readings, and music and visual arts programs as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment