Search This Blog

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Encounters: Becca G. and a student

As I'm sitting at L'enfant Cafe, from my previous entry, I run into two people.

The first is Becca G. whom I actually know from AU's Arts Management program we both started the same year, and are both...taking our time finishing. She's also involved with a really neat...well, from lack of a better description, cultural entity, the Pink Line Project.

It's a neat...presence in DC, headed by Philippa P.B. Hughes. You can check out more about her in this Washington Post article from the past couple of years, Remaking the Scene. I've had the pleasure of meeting her, and subsequently running into her. Always cordial, with a great energy, she's another person who is living proof that DC is much more than the rest of the country give it credit for.

Anyway, Becca's cool too!! Also one of the few other majors in the program with a dance background.

So she passed by on the sidewalk. And not too much after that I hear someone yelling from across the street. Well, actually the person was yelling from the middle of the street, from a taxi that was stopped, and she was in the back seat leaning forward and screaming in front of her mom.

It was one of my students from NCS. A phenomenal dancer, with great energy, she had just moved and was only a freshman. She's already became a pillar in the dance program, and I hope she stays just as involved if not more so in future years.

Anyway, that was it...this time

No comments:

Post a Comment