Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

Encounters: Steve P.

We're sitting having dinner at Straits of Malaya, and Steve walks by.

Didn't get to chat long enough to see what he'd been up to, and it'd really been a while since we've actually hung out.

I'd even forgotten how long he'd been back in the states after being abroad for some years.

But he was one of my first friends of choice, in high school.

Don't get me wrong, it's not to say that I didn't choose who my friends were, but half the reason we were friends was because we went to the same school. That says nothing and doesn't affect the value of the friendship though.

It's just Steve was really one of the first people my age that I hung out with outside of school. Socially, I was a bit of a late bloomer, and honestly I'm still figuring things out. But I'll always be grateful for having Steve as a friend at that point in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment