Search This Blog

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Establishments: Torpedo Factory

So NCS decided to have prom at the Torpedo Factory, this year. They also asked me to DJ it after finding out that I've spent some time on the 1's & 2's as a hobby.

I also got a neat mixing program for my MacBook, Traktor, and a midi DJ mixer from M-Audio (the X-Session Pro), so I was set.

My initial reaction (as well as other's) was: "huh?" An art gallery/space/etc.?

Well, turns out it's one of the things they offer regularly, so it wasn't weird for them.

And it actually kinda made sense, especially from an Arts Administrator point of view.

Aside from renting their space, they're quite an impressive arts center. Just the number of visual artists who have space to work and display their work...it's just amazing.

In the end, prom was pretty neat, the girls had fun, and I'd love to check out renting it out for any events I might throw in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment