Search This Blog

Friday, October 21, 2011

3rd Velocity DC kicks off

Hey there,

So I don't even know where to begin. It's just another night that reminds me I'm in the right city, and tend to be at the right places at the right times.

Disclaimer: I was brought on to assist with social media for VelocityDC, so I was tweeting live. First time I'd done that.  The really neat thing was how small a world it continues to be.  Several of the dancers are ones I've crossed paths with, in previous lives.

There was Daniel, who I performed with through BosmaDance; Asanga, whom I might when teaching at CityDance; Christopher, also through CityDance (I love how gracious Chris is, not just in saying hi, but in catching up as much as one can, when bumping into one another at events); Junious, Emily, and the rest of the awesome peeps with Urban Artistry, which I work with through Class Acts Arts.

And then after, I join Peter DiMuro, to grab a drink and a bite with Septime Webre and company, including several ladies who define "fabulous".

Really awesome people, passionate about the work they're doing, and reinspiring me about my own.

- J Street Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment