Search This Blog

Friday, November 12, 2010

Arts Management Fall Colloquium: "The Future is Now" with Sandra Gibson

This afternoon, I left work early to attend the annual Fall Colloquium, which AU's Arts Management program organizes.

The event was held in the Katzen Museum, and this year, the speaker was Sandra Gibson, President & CEO of the Association of Performing Arts Presenters.

I had originally met Sandra a couple of years ago, when she was one of a number of speakers for the annual Emerging Arts Leaders Symposium, prior to Arts Advocacy Day that year. I believe it was my first year at AU.

Anyway, Sandra addressed trends in presenting, which addressed funding, audience development, advocacy, and just about every other factor that is affecting all of the arts sector.

I didn't see too many current second years from the program, but met several first years, which was nice. One of my goals is to try and help with giving students and graduates of the arts management program at AU a sense of continuity and cohesiveness, as that was one thing my class felt like it was missing.

Fortunately, I'm in a work environment that supports attending functions like this.

J Street Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment