Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

Artists providing the "Hold" music for Broken Meters

I park and I luck out with a broken meter. Yes, it's illegal to park there UNLESS you call 202.541.6030 (in DC), and report it.  Once you give the operator the meter number, they'll provide you with a confirmation number you can leave on your dashboard and is good for the maximum amount of time of the space.

But this entry is actually just a side-note of this experience.  For whatever reason(s), when I was put on hold, there was music playing, naturally.

They came an announcement that the artist the caller is listening to is a grantee of the DC Commission on the Arts & Humanities.  Good times!!

To any artists in the area, not only would I encourage you to apply for grants, but I ask you to consider serving as an advisory panelist. I've volunteered several times, and it is certainly an enriching experience, whatever part of the arts puzzle you deal with.

Anyway, just thought I'd share another experience showing how present the arts are in DC.

- J Street Jr



DCCAH's Social Media - Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment