Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Establishments: Arena Stage 2.0

I actually got enough sleep to go for a walk this morning. I woke up a little after 7:30am, heated up a little breakfast, and then walked around my neighborhood in Southwest.

Now I've been blessed to have parents which have let me stay with them as I've try to figure out what I'm doing with my life, from finishing at UMD, to taking on grad school. We're actually in the house I grew up in, and my dad let me move into the basement unit, with a separate entrance and kitchen.

The house is also a couple of blocks away from Arena Stage, which has been living vicariously in Crystal City and on U St while they've had their main space renovated and prepped for their 60th season.

Now, just in case you don't know, Arena Stage received a Tony in 1976, which was awarded to regional theatres for theatrical excellence. It was only the second outside of New York to receive it, and the first in the Washington, DC area. The only other theatre in the area to do so has been Signature Theatre in Arlington, and that was only last year, in 2009.

So this fall, Arena Stage's Mead Center for American Theater will open.

Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment