Search This Blog

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Encounters: Michael H.

Ran into Michael H. in the wee hours of the morning, at Reagan National Airport.

I was helping to round up about 80 high school students from National Cathedral School & St. Albans (where I teach Dance) at about 5:30am, for a chorale trip to San Francisco. I know, what was I thinking!! I kid, of course; I love being their teacher.

Anyway, we're getting ready to herd the first wave of kids through security, and I see Michael walking by me, apparently on his way to Florida. We met when I sang with the Gay Men's Chorus of Washington for several concerts a couple of years ago or so.

Michael's pretty involved in the arts community and sector in the area. Now in addition to singing with GMCW as well, I'm not sure if he was at the time, but he is a member of the organization's Board of Directors.

He is also the Director of External Relations for the Washington Ballet and an adjunct professor for George Mason University's Arts Management program. If you've ever gone to a Washington Ballet performance, chances are you've said hi to Michael. And if you haven't, you should. He's a nice guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment