Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Encounters: A student of mine

So I'm walking around the Tidal Basin, making my across the bridge which allows Independence Ave to span the north portion of the body of water, and I pass by a familiar face.

It's one of the high school students I indirectly worked with on a production of Annie, where I teach. I mean I technically teach dance at NCS, but because they have a joint performing arts program with St. Albans (where I went to high school myself, class of '99), I end up working with the boys at STA on musicals and the annual dance concert. Now when I run into students of mine, I'll simply refer to them as such until they graduate; this is partially because most of them are minors, and also to respect their families and the schools, with regards to privacy.

I asked him how school had been treating him and what he was working on. He let me know he'd be doing tech for the Spring play, The Laramie Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment